Plug and Play Platform
Creating a digital, interactive presence for your destination’s cycling experiences
For destinations who have great cycling experiences already documented but not the capacity to digitise it
We’re here to help.
1. Project inception and analysis of your existing material
Our bicycle tourism experts review the existing available information for cycling in your destination – both print and digital – and work with you to outline a proposal that will best suit your situation. The various options are:
- Your existing material may be in a format suitable for easy integration to our platform
- You or a local Ambassador may have capacity to create new listings on the CycleLifeHQ platform, based on your existing material;
- CycleLifeHQ can create the listings for you, based on your existing material.
2. Content creation and curation
Cycling experience resources
If you opt to manually upload content yourself, we provide you with a reference guide which equips you and your team with everything you need to:
- upload your existing cycling experiences for your region. This includes mountain biking trails, road and gravel cycling routes, rail trails, sightseeing tours, bike-packing journeys and cycling events; and
- seek and engage a local Ambassador or bike club to work with you to develop this content on your behalf.
We provide QA across any material created for your destination by local Ambassadors or bicycle clubs, as well as for local businesses.
Our reference guide also enables you to create and list your destination’s local attractions and points of interest on the CycleLifeHQ platform.
Putting your destination on the world’s bicycle tourism map.
We create an engaging destination landing page on our bicycle tourism platform where we host all your cycling information. This is the jewel in the crown of what we do.
Your destination map on this platform clearly shows the geographical relationship between ride routes and local businesses. We make it easy for would-be cyclists to find bicycle friendly places to stay, places to eat and drink, to rent a bike, book a tour, other attractions to visit and see in your destination, and more.
We make sure these collated listings capture the essence of your destination, and offers visiting cyclists THE BEST experience they can possibly have.
Linked to all of this are our mobile app, downloadable GPX files, digital wayfinding and more.
Uploading content for you – For a fee of $150 per ride, we can upload your existing content for you. Through this model, you provide us with the digital photography (min 600x400 pixels and maximum 5MG), existing ride route and description, and we take care of the rest.
Embed Codes and API – Once your local cycling experiences are complete and uploaded to the CycleLifeHQ platform, you receive full access to embed curated rides back into your destination’s digital marketing assets via either simple embed codes or our RESTFul API.
Special Recognition on the CycleLifeHQ platform as a Partner Destination – We provide recognition for you to stand out from other destinations on the CycleLifeHQ platform. We increase your presence on CycleLifeHQ compared to other destinations.
3. Business support
We provide resources to enable local businesses to list themselves on our platform.
Your local businesses receive free access to list their business, transact online and have their business linked to curated rides in your destination.
Listed businesses also have opportunity to further partner with us, for free, to:
- offer special deals and discounts for local and visiting cyclists;
- access industry insights and latest news to stay at the front of the game;
- access our bicycle friendly checklist and recommendation report; and
- receive special recognition as a CycleLifeHQ bicycle tourism business – online and shopfront window sticker.
4. Digital and print marketing tools
We provide you with our suite of digital marketing tools to help you promote your destination’s bicycle tourism experiences, and your partnership with CycleLifeHQ. This not only attracts more bicycle tourists, but also demonstrates to your stakeholders that you are investing in local businesses and economic development.
Our marketing materials include assets such as branding, media releases, social media releases, templates for physical ride postcards and more.
We also provide you with direct access to our growing audience of enthusiastic cyclists and travelers across the globe through our broad outreach and communication channels.
*It is a requirement of our Plug and Play Platform that you agree to undertake a joint marketing campaign with us using these – or other, jointly agreed – materials.
5. Multi-day itinerary resources
We provide guidance and industry insights to assist you to develop multi-day experiences tailored specifically to the needs of cycling audiences; and based on the unique experiences of your destination.
These five actions will help you to:
- host your existing cycling content in an engaging and interactive way that is cost-effective AND reaches a broad cycling audience;
- access a broad audience reach of niche bicycle tourists;
- provide a fresh angle to inspire and achieve increased bicycle tourist visitation; and
- improve revenue direct to local businesses – bicycle tourism is more than just cycling alone. It’s a culmination of the destination’s sum of whole parts, including local produce, attractions, and the key stories and narratives that tie together the region’s unique character for an unforgettable cycling experience.
Costs will be dependent on the amount of your existing material; whether you have resources to upload content yourself; and the level of involvement you wish for CycleLifeHQ to have. Our minimum charge for this model is $2,500 excl GST to support your journey, create your engaging destination page and undertake joint promotion with you.
- We do both