Our objectives are to:
- help local communities and governments realize their bicycle travel and tourism potential; and
- make it easy for cyclists to research, plan and book their next adventure.
Our four step plan to success:
The path to getting more bicycle tourism visitors is different for each destination. It’s not just about a good website, or good product, or more marketing. It’s about understanding what makes you unique, what is getting in the way, and what you need to do about it.
We provide a tailored solution based on your current level of maturity and your needs and goals.
We have a basic four step plan. We enter this process with you at the appropriate point, depending on your current level of bicycle tourism maturity:
- Establish your community as a cycling destination.
- Engage with a niche cycling audience to market your destination.
- Expand on your current bicycle tourism opportunities to generate ongoing and renewed interest, primarily through up-skilling and capacity building for local business.
- Optimize your bicycle tourism experiences for longer stay and greater spend through the creation of itinerary and other packages.
We have developed the tools and resources to get you up and running in four to eight weeks at minimal cost. It’s all about you and your needs.
How we help your destination become world-class:
We provide a complete bicycle tourism service, covering your strategy, your product and your marketing.
At the core of our offer is a comprehensive web and mobile solution that makes it easier for visitors to find your rides, provides them with digital wayfinding and downloadable maps, and – most importantly – actively links your local businesses to those rides to generate more visitors and business.
Our solution works seamlessly with your existing web presence. It is fully secure, hosted and responsive. The CycleLifeHQ platform attracts and markets to a domestic and international audience, providing them everything they need to research, plan and book their next cycling experience with you.
Travelers can quickly compare and contrast destinations globally, selecting preferences through search variables. We work closely with all our destination partners to ensure quality curation of ride listings, cyclist experiences and supporting services and facilities.
We work with you to identify and assess your current bicycle tourism offerings and future potential.
We help you establish what is unique about your bicycle tourism product and how to get visitors to consider it.
We use our assessment tools and the insights gained from over 150 cycle tourism destinations to quickly identify what you want to achieve, where you should focus your efforts, what you need to do, and how you are going to get there.
This work is undertaken in conjunction with key stakeholders to get it right, get it known, and get it moving. We produce a tailored bicycle tourism strategy and roadmap to provide clarity of direction and to optimize your investment.
- Destination Bicycle Tourism Assessment
- Stakeholder engagement and awareness
- Roadmap to success with readily implementable recommendations and clear actions
We make it easy for visitors to find and engage with your bicycle tourism product through a fully integrated and highly engaging bicycle tourism one-stop-shop marketplace and digital marketing platform.
We develop a compelling story and narrative that creates interest and willingness to uptake local cycling for inbound and local consumers.
We collaboratively design and digitize key sightseeing routes into accessible journeys, highlighting points of interest, events, services and resources that build traction. The platform also includes a marketplace that enables local businesses to list and visitors to buy their services.
We then showcase this, boosting your brand and making it easier for bicycle tourists to research, find and book everything they need.
Visitors can access this information through your existing website as well as across mobile and an app.
CycleLifeHQ assists you to promote and market your destination through social media channels as well as the creation of online and printed materials.
- One-stop-shop global cycle tourism marketplace – www.cyclelifehq.com
- Destination landing page
- Ride listings
- Business Listings
- Comprehensive marketing campaign
- Print and online media materials and support
Because bicycle tourism maturity is evolving rapidly, it is important that both the local community and local businesses know what it means to be cyclist friendly and that the destination uses the opportunities to create supply to match demand.
We work with you to expand the range and quality of bicycle tourism products and services to enhance the visitor experience. We do this through awareness, education and training to build capacity and capability to offer new and enhanced products and services.
Our marketplace has a revenue stream which keeps more money locally through a profit-share model.
- Local business development – online and face to face training and awareness
- Bicycle Friendly Community certification
Once the basics are in place, we look at ways to optimize your bicycle tourism experiences, getting more ‘heads on beds’. We achieve this primarily through the design and implementation of itinerary packages and other targeted campaigns.
In conjunction with your marketing team, we design and deliver a range of bicycle tourism campaigns to drive growth, including curated itineraries and a visiting friends and relatives program. Data and insights from our digital footprint and your tourism bureau will get your offer out to get more visitors, spending more and staying longer.
- Targeted marketing campaigns
- Package itineraries
- Search Engine Optimization
- Visiting friends and relatives program; including community engagement and awareness
Making it happen, together:
We operate under flexible partnership models:
- CycleLifeHQ establishes, develops and manages some or all aspects of your presence for a fee-for-service
- We mobilize a local team to capture and curate rides and work with local businesses to drive participation
- Our online marketers then actively promote your destination through social media channels and editorial content
- We provide additional resources as needed to build, maintain, and boost your presence
- You populate and manage your destination and listings
- No establishment or maintenance fees
- We retain all fees collected through the platform