Who we are
CycleLifeHQ is an online destination marketing platform and one-stop-shop for bicycle tourism experiences where cyclists and others can research, plan and book their next cycle tourism adventure all in one place. We have professional consulting support services that enable destinations and businesses to establish, engage, expand and optimise their bicycle tourism potential. Our aim is to make bicycle tourism experiences better for everyone – local communities, businesses, organisations, governments and – of course – cyclists!
We provide products and services to local governments, businesses, organizations and cycle advocacy groups worldwide to accelerate the virtuous cycle related to the bicycle tourism ecosystem.
We are a destination development firm at heart, seeking to reinvigorate local economies and drive new, sustainable business to benefit local communities and destinations.
Our objective is to help local communities and governments realize its bicycle travel and tourism potential:
- Establish your community as a cycling destination. Working with local government agencies, convention and visitor bureaus, destination marketing organizations and stakeholders, we’ll help plan, design, activate and manage your bicycle tourism offering.
- Engage with a niche cycling audience in a global marketplace. Through our global marketplace and destination marketing platform, we can showcase all your community has to offer bicycle tourists, boosting your brand and making it easier for bicycle travellers and tourists to search, find and book everything they need.
- Expand. We provide local businesses with tools and support services to build awareness and training, providing capability to enhance existing bicycle tourism offerings. Our marketplace has a revenue stream which keeps more money locally through a profit-share model.
- Optimize. Once the basics are in place, we look at ways to get more ‘heads on beds’ through itinerary packages and other campaigns.
How we help your destination be world class
Understand what makes you unique
The path to getting more bicycle tourism visitors is different for each destination. It’s not just about a good website, or good product, or more marketing. It’s about understanding what makes you unique, what is getting in the way, and what you need to do about it. CycleLifeHQ provides a tailored solution based on your current level of maturity and your needs and goals.
At the core of our offer is a comprehensive web and mobile solution that makes it easier for visitors to find your rides, provides them with digital wayfinding and downloadable maps, and – most importantly – actively links your local businesses to those rides to generate more visitors and business.
Our solution works seamlessly with your existing web presence. It is fully secure, hosted and responsive. The CycleLifeHQ platform attracts and markets to a domestic and international audience, providing them everything they need to search, plan and book their next cycling experience with you.
Travellers can quickly compare and contrast destinations globally, selecting preferences through search variables. We work closely with all our destination partners to ensure quality curation of ride listings, cyclist experiences and supporting services and facilities.
Who we are
CycleLifeHQ is an online destination marketing platform with professional consultancy services that enables businesses and destinations to plan, build and maximise their cycling tourism potential.
What we do
We provide four key service offerings as demonstrated in the attached diagram:
Our service comprises the full range of areas needed to get more visitors.
- help you establish what is unique about your bicycle tourism product and how to get visitors to consider it;
- make it easy for visitors to find and engage with your bicycle tourism product through a Bicycle Tourism Digital One-Stop-Shop;
- expand your tourism product and build local business capability through awareness and training; and
- optimise your destination for more ‘heads on beds’.
We provide bicycle tourism to you as a complete one-stop-shop service.
Our first step (typically 4–8 weeks) sets you up for success. We then work with you throughout the full year to help drive more customers. After that, we offer a yearly subscription service that builds on what you have got and continues to drive more visitors.
Our price is exceptionally competitive. We can achieve this because this is all we do and we have automated a lot of tools that you can plug and play.
1. Establish what is unique about your destination
We use the insights gained from over 150 bicycle tourism destinations to quickly identify what you want to achieve, where you should focus your efforts, what you need to do and how you are going to get there. This work is undertaken with key stakeholders to get it right, get it known and get it moving.
From this phase you will get a detailed bicycle tourism development plan and roadmap that contains:
- Stocktake and maturity assessment covering:
- key market segments,
- differentiated value proposition,
- industry/business maturity, and
- marketing and promotion
- readily-implementable recommendations
- roadmap for success
- 3–6–9 month action plan
2. Get visitors to engage with your bicycle tourism product
We create a fully integrated and highly engaging digital one-stop-shop for your bicycle travel and tourism offer. This approach makes it easier for your visitors to find, engage with and spend time in your destination. Visitors can access this through your existing website as well as across mobile and (shortly) an app. The platform also includes a marketplace that, if the destination desires, allows local businesses to list and visitors to buy their services.
CycleLifeHQ provides immediate access to technology that allows you to quickly digitize your information in mobile friendly way
From this phase you will get a digital online presence for you destination that complements your existing channels and contains the following functionality:
- Curated rides that visitors can view across on web and mobile
- Digital wayfinding
- Video integration
- Embed functionality
- Post to social media
- Create trip reports
- Rate and comment feature
- Local businesses and points of interest listed on the site and linked to the curated rides
- Checklist of bicycle-friendly features
- Free to list
- Free e-commerce
- Liked to curated rides
- Can offer deals to visitors
- Creation of a high-quality destination landing page that lists all your rides and associated bicycle tourism businesses
- Video integration
- Intuitive filter-based searching so that visitors can find what they want
- Full marketplace (with potential revenue share)
- Free for businesses to list
- Create and conduct marketing and promotional campaigns across social media, including high-level messaging and branding advice
- Develop graphics for printed promotional materials
- Digital wayfinding for visitors
- Automated Chatbox
3. Expand your reach and build local business capability
Because bicycle tourism maturity is evolving rapidly, it is important that both the local community and local businesses know what it means to be cyclist friendly and the destination uses the opportunities to create supply to match demand (i.e. jobs and businesses!). We work with you to assist your local community and businesses to improve the quality of visitor experiences – through education and product development.
During this phase your destination will get access to:
- CycleLifeHQ awareness and training materials
- Online industry webinars
- Live bicycle-friendly community webinar with Q&A
- Evaluation and monitoring
- Bicycle tourism industry gap analysis and recommendation on product gaps
- Ongoing support to monitor progress, as well as to identify and address roadblocks
- Access to an online peer forum and network platform
- Attract or develop new businesses/products, e.g. identification of tour providers, bike hire and/or shuttle service operators; development of audio tours
- Business subscription service
- Bicycle Friendly Community Certification (through affiliation with League of American Bicyclists)
4. Optimize your destination for more “heads on beds”
Design and deliver (typically in conjunction with your marketing team) a range of bicycle tourism specific campaigns to drive growth, including curated rides and a visiting friends and relatives program. The data and insights from our digital footprint is effective in getting your offer out to get more ‘heads on beds’.
From this phase your destination will benefit from:
- Create and activate a cycling concierge service to create packages for visitors
- Identify and bring on-board a specific cycling tourism package that makes it easy for website visitors to get all that they need – accommodation, bikes and tours as packaged and customised itineraries
- Enable businesses to offer up discounts to targeted customers
- Develop and conduct a visiting friends and relatives campaign to encourage locals to experience their own bicycle tourism experiences, and to enhance usage by their visiting relatives and friends.
Making it Happen – Together
We operate under 3 flexible partnership models, including options for profit-sharing with a percentage of revenue returned to your community.
- CycleLifeHQ establishes, develops and manages all aspects of your presence for a fee-for-service
- We mobilize a local team to capture and curate rides and work with local businesses to drive participation and share revenue
- Our online marketers then actively promote your destination through social media channels and editorial content
- Work together as a team
- We provide additional resources as needed to build, maintain, and boost your presence
- Priced based on your needs
- Revenue shared
- You populate and manage your destination and listings
- No establishment or maintenance fees
- We retain all fees collected through the platform